Careers at Hikely
Are you ready to Hikely? We are looking for responsible, energetic people who are excited to share their knowledge and love of the outdoors with others through guided hiking tours! Trail Guides lead hiking excursions and provide instruction to guests on the trails. They are responsible for providing provide a safe, motivating and nurturing environment for exercising and learning that exceeds guest’s expectations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Arrive to trail head fifteen minutes prior to meeting time wearing your Hikely hat and or tee.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled training sessions and meetings.
- Be an active participant in the department by contributing to new programs and development within the department.
- Must be guest service oriented and interact with participants in a pleasant, helpful, knowledgeable and enthusiastic manner.
- Perform excursions in a safe manner in compliance with all recognized standards set by Hikely LLC and the US Forest Service.
- Ensure proper supplies are gathered for each hiking excursion including, water, sign in log, and all related safety equipment.
- Provide clear and appropriate directions to guests for overall safety.
- Be familiar with local hiking trail conditions, hazards and any changes that have been made by the US Forest Service so the resort’s hiking permit is not violated.
- Display appropriate teamwork, flexibility and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for providing a safe, clean, personal, entertaining and well thought out hike that exceeds guest’s expectations.
- Maintain participant attendance and liability waiver information.
- Clean and maintain trip equipment, including hiking poles, binoculars, headlamps, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Attention to detail and able to multi-task many priorities. Self motivated ability to work with little supervision and organized. Must be dependable. Ability to lead guests in excursion in safe and professional manner. Must be at least 21 years old. Must display a healthy well-balanced body, a neat appearance, and a caring attitude and ability to communicate clearly and simply.
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree (or completing course work toward a degree) in the field of adventure education, outdoor leadership and recreation, environmental studies, or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Prior experiences teaching in an outdoor adventure program. Logistical skills for outdoor program planning, including trail leader, equipment management, and route selection.
General Knowledge: Knowledge of the Santa Monica Mountains. Demonstrated knowledge of outdoor skills, Leave No Trace, and basic natural history.
Certification Requirements: Current Wilderness First Aid (WFA), WFR or WEMT and CPR, or the ability to obtain these certifications prior to beginning employment. Preference will be given to candidates with an active WFR certification.
Physical Requirements: 100% Walking, standing & bending. Lifting/Carrying up to 50 lbs. Hearing and Manual dexterity. Ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
To Apply: Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Hikely Trail Guide Position” in the subject line.
Hikely LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and values diversity in our workplaces.